Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hiking Namsan, Seoul, South Korea p.4


This morning around 10am I went to Namsan as well as visited Namsangol Hanok village.

I would say so far, this was the most interesting place I visited here in Seoul. Namsan is a small mountain located in the heart of the city and can easily be accessed by various subway lines. Namsan is not a very difficult hike at all. At the top of the mountain is the Seoul tower. At the base of the mountain is the village. Walking through the mountain with everything covered in snow was very relaxing.

Namsangol Hanok village is a collection of Korean traditional houses that have been restored to preserve the original atmosphere of the Joseon-era. It is a World Heritage Site. You can walk through the courtyard and look at the buildings and even play some games that the citizens played back then. The place was very nice, until the Chinese tourist came.

Almost everytime I encounter Chinese tourists, they are incredibly loud and obnoxious. It's as if they have no sense of their surroundings. I am not saying all Chinese tourists are terrible, that would be generalizing, however, almost all the Chinese tourists that I have met sure have been.

Later that night, I met up again with Sooyeon and her friends and we all went out for food and drinks. Once again, we went to a Korean BBQ and it was superb. Sooyeon's friends were all really nice and I had a good time with them. One of them could even speak some Chinese despite being Korean.



Sooyeon really took care of me every time she came out to meet me and because of her, my experience in Seoul was that much better. If you're reading this Soo, THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig