Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hiking Black Canyon Creek Falls, San Diego, California


Trail Description

Length:  2 miles round trip
Trailhead Elevation:  -- ft.
End Elevation: -- ft.
Total Elavation gain: -- ft.
Difficulty Assessment: Easy
Trail Type: Out and Back

The Hike

What another amazing hike in San Diego put together by the people at HHHE.

This month, we went out to Sutherland dam and hiked Black Canyon Creek Falls. In total, I think someone said it was a five miler. The hike started out as a dirt road trail for the first half hour and then into the rocks the final hour. A lot of river crossing, rock climbing, and at one point even shimmy-ing through a tiny pseudo-cave.

The only thing that prevented me from entirely enjoying this trip was that; as I drove up to meet up with everyone, my contact started bothering me. It was really dry and scratchy and I had no solution so I was forced to throw it out. Thus, for the whole hike, I only had one good eye which made judging distances incredibly difficult. I twisted the same ankle twice stepping into holes.






SHARE:
© Outdoor Adventures and Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig