Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally his thoughts on life.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Buying a Eurail Pass

Just bought my ticket. They have a bunch of options to choose from, the two main options being: travel unlimited times within a set amount of days or buy a pass that allows you to travel X days within a set time span. Given that I will be in Europe for two months, I opted to get the unlimited travel.

Taken from http://www.momentsredefined.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_5599.jpg

Taken from http://tsb.thesavvybackpack.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/eurail-pass-guide.jpg

I think that was the best choice. But I did not really give it much thought because all the stuff on railways was giving me a headache.

The ticket cost me 1162.00 through Rick Steve's site. This guy has been my go-to guy for planning this trip. Really reliable suggestions and advice.

By the way, for those of you planning on going in the future, it's smarter to buy your Eurail online and send it to the US. They do sell it over at Europe but supposedly 10-20% more.
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig