Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally about his thoughts on life.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Exchanging For Foreign Currency



Despite many sites and books mentioning how to get it, I am still not too clear what the best way to get foreign currency is.

A lot of sources say that taking out foreign currency from an ATM in the country you want to go is the best solution, but don't your banks charge you a small fee for doing so? In that case, would the best means of getting foreign currency be just getting them from your local bank before traveling?

Regardless, I ended up ordering 100 dollars worth of British pounds as well as euros for my trip. However, it takes 1-3 business days for the money to get here which is a bit cutting it close as I am leaving for Europe on Saturday. With luck, my British pounds will get here before Saturday 1pm.

EDIT: So it only took Chase a day to get the currency I ordered. Not too shabby.
SHARE:
© Willy's Outdoor Adventures

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig