Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally about his thoughts on life.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cologne, Germany

The next day, I arrived in Cologne, Germany. The city was not that exciting so I did not stay the two days like planned.

I think it was a combination of; the city looked boring, the hostel did not have a lot of people (although the hostel was quite nice), and I did not find anyone on Couchsurfing to show me around.

The highlight of my day in Cologne had to be finding that really nice family-run internet cafe.

The next day, I took the train directly to Munchen (Munich), bypassing Frankfurt because I could not find any cheap hostels or couches to stay on. The trip took 5 hours and was no bueno.





Edit: I totally forgot the things I did in Cologne. The city is actually not as boring as I made it out to be. The city does has a few things to see, but nothing you cant accomplish in a day. The most impressive sight I saw had to be the gothic cathedral Kölner Dom. As soon as you exit the train station you are greeted by it. I will post a picture of it later of course.


SHARE:
© Willy's Outdoor Adventures

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig