Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Paris, France recap

The hostel that I was staying at had really bad internet so it made it hard to post updates. On top of that, I had to pay for my minutes so going on the internet was usually reserved for emergencies or more important tasks. But now that I am with my host in Belgium, I can use his internet to update.

So. A Paris, France recap.


Paris, was amazing to say the least. I tried many Parisian dishes including a typical French picnic in the park, onion soup, duck foi gras, crepes (both breakfast crepe and snack), french duck, macaroons, wine (red and white, both cheap and expensive). I also tried escargot (snails) and tartare le beuf. For those of you who don't know what tartare le beuf is, it is basically a raw hamburger patty that has been specially seasoned evenly with spices and onions. The meat has to be special as well, otherwise people could just eat raw hamburger meat from the store. For my last meal in Paris, that is what I had. Not only that, I had it in one of the oldest establishments in Paris.



Of course, besides the food, the sights were nice as well. I saw the Eiffel tower as well as the Louvre. By the way, the line to the Louvre, although long, moves incredibly fast. So for those of you who will visit Paris in the future and are turned off by the line, do not fret.


I also saw a lot of beautiful churches. One of which was in the film Amelie.

Once I get back to the states, I will be sure to upload all the pictures of the food I ate and people I met.


The metro system in Paris was also the least impressive of the three other metro systems I used In Europe but was still a very reliable and efficient means of transportation.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Outdoor Adventures and Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig