Sunday, November 06, 2011

Czech, Prague

I stayed in Prague for about three days. The hostel I stayed at was really intimate and the quality of the rooms and the bathrooms were way beyond anything I have stayed in so far.

I met a nice couple who were also from the bay area. The woman was a registered nurse while the man was a aerospace engineer.

While I was at the hostel, I read the book Where the Wild Things Are by Dave Eggers. It was written after the film adaptation was made of the children's picture book. It was pretty good. A nice break from this other book I've been reading called Third World America by Arianna Huffington.



In Prague, the first two days I did the tourist thing; I visited the old and new city, I saw the astrological clock, I toured Prague Castle, browsed Palladium shopping center, and found the Lennon wall as well. To be honest, at this point in my trip, castles, cathedrals, and churches just don't interest me as much anymore. I would have to say that I'm a little burnt out on them which is the main reason why I did not visit Karlstejn castle just south of Prague (rumored to be the oldest standing castle in Europe).


I also managed to meet up with two locals from Couchsurfing. Because they were both busy on the weekdays, I could only meet one at night and the other Friday morning.

The first girl, Arianna, was a Singaporean who moved to the Czech republic for work. She took me to some nice restaurants allowing me the opportunity to try some more local cuisines. Now that I think of it, I did not take any pictures of the Czech food that I had.

The second girl, Linda, was a Vietnamese girl whose family immigrated to the country when she was really young. That morning, because she had class later that day, we only met for lunch.


At the end of my stay in Prague, I really got tired of sausages. Although delicious, I simply had eaten too many traveling through Germany and Austria.

On Saturday, I left for Berlin, Germany, the last city in central Europe I was going to travel to.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Outdoor Adventures and Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig