Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally his thoughts on life.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Hiking Mt. Geumjeong, Busan, South Korea p.1

Today I went to hike Mt. Geumjeong. I started at Beomeosa Temple.



I hiked from the north gate all the way to the south gate.







From the south gate, the plan was to take the cable car down but because the signs were all mostly in Korean I got lost; so I just started hiking down the mountain.

At some point, I started to get nervous because I had no idea where I was going and even if I got off the mountain, I wasn't sure how I would find the station again. Fortunately, I ran into two older women near the bottom and they walked me to the station. One woman spoke a tiny bit of English while the other one spoke a tiny bit of Chinese. One gave me an apple and the other one tried to dress me. I think it was because I was only in jeans and a t-shirt. They might have thought I was a young bum. They also probably didn't know that I hiked all the way from the other side of the mountain which was why I wasn't cold at all in the chilly weather.

I spent 6 hours hiking on that mountain. 6 hours.

Later on tonight, I will go meet up with a Korean guy I met on couchsurfing.org.
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig