Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally his thoughts on life.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Haeundae, South Korea p.2

Busan has been amazing. So, so, amazing.

The other night, I met up with Jae, a guy I met on the couchsurfing website and we went to a few bars and a karoke. Kimchi, pork, and tofu with beer is the best. Almost every night in Korea has been meat and beer. It's no wonder Koreans are so big. Jae wanted to stay out til the typical 5am but I was dead tired that day from the hike and had to leave him. I think he was disappointed.

The following morning, I went with Grace to Yonggungsa Temple in Haeundae.



To get there, we first took the subway line and then a local bus. Situated right next to the ocean, Yonggungsa Temple is a good place to visit in the early morning. There are a lot of statues that you can pray to for all sorts of things in your life.








After, we went to Spa Land Centum City.

Let me tell you. This place is jaw-dropping. Spa Land is so huge! Not only does it have separate sections for men and women to enjoy the saunas, steam rooms, and spas, but there is this massive 3 floor annex for both women and men to hang out in. From differently themed sauna rooms to a movie theater, my favorites out of everything that was offered at Spa Land were the outdoor foot spa and the cold room.

Best of all? It only costs 12 dollars. Bueno.

The next morning I left the hostel at 550am for my flight to Bangkok, Thailand.
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig