Thursday, January 16, 2014

Kyoto, Japan p.4

This morning I checked out of my hostel and left with all my gear to visit the Fushimi Inari Shrine. Just two stops south of central Kyoto, Fushimi Inari is only 10-15 minutes away from Kyoto station.



The shrine is supposidly the most famous of all shrines dedicated to worshipping Inari. Behind the main shrine are a few hiking trail but for the most part, it appears there is only one trail that everyone goes on. I have no idea how long the hike was but it took me about 1-2 hours to finish. It was not as challenging as the Kurama hike at all.

The beginning of the trail you are surrounded by torii gates.



As you progress further up the mountain, the torii gates gradually subside in number and the shrines take over. All throughout the shrines are statues of foxes. The Japanese believed that the fox was Inari's messenger and as so, worshipped them as well.




After my hike, I took the train back to Kyoto station and headed further south to Osaka. The ride there only took me 20-30 minutes.

Now I am here in my hostel. The hostel was located a bit away from central Osaka but I really like the vibe of the entire place. It's real cozy. Later tonight, I will be meeting another couchsurfer. I was hoping to see my old friend Kimiko, but I haven't been able to get in contact with her.

I will be spending 4 days in Osaka.
SHARE:
© Outdoor Adventures and Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig