Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally about his thoughts on life.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Todaiji Temple, Nara, Japan

It was around 12 when I headed off to Nara. To get to Nara you can either take the JR line or take the kintetsu line. Both are pretty cheap and get there about the same time. I ended up taking the slower train for 5 dollars.

The trip to Nara took about 40 minutes by train. Nara's main attractions are the deers and Todaiji temple.






Inside the temple is a giant Buddha. In total, I spent about 2 or 3 hours walking around visiting the various shrines. I think Nara is definitely worth a visit. When you see Todaiji temple, the size and beauty just blows you away. I was not too impressed with the giant Buddha.





For lunch I had sushi on a conveyor belt again.

Later that night, I just walked around the hostel. While I was wandering the streets of Namba, I ran across this Japanese band, Natural Killers, playing near the Namba station. They were really good. I bought a CD.
SHARE:
© Willy's Outdoor Adventures

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig