Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally his thoughts on life.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Last Night in Taipei, Taiwan

On my second to last day in Taipei, I left Sylvia's apartment in the morning and headed off into the city to check into a hostel. At that point, I had stayed with Sylvia for probably a week or so and felt it was about time to give her some space.




I took the 307 bus from 南京東路公寓 to Taipei station and just as I was about to walk down the street to check in, Sylvia called and told me to stay the remaining day at her place. It was a little uncomfortable to have to rely on her again for a place to stay but she eventually convinced me to go back.

However, I had to burn an hour or so before I could meet up with her and drop my stuff back in her apartment so I just sat around 台北車站 and used their free internet.


At one point, some guy came up to me and asked me for money because someone stole his stuff. He told me to be careful of thieves as he told me his sob story. Needless to say, I did not give him any money because I've run into people like him before.

When I finally met up with Sylvia at 1pm, she let me back into the apartment, we got lunch, and she returned to work. I was planning on working out around the apartment and doing some reading but instead I fell asleep til 6pm. I think it was because the night before I was playing basketball again with Ah Kuang and my body was still not used to all that running all of a sudden.

At night, we all met up again and went to dinner. It was me, Ah Kuang, Sylvia, Charlie, and Nicole. For dinner, Sylvia chose this really nice all-you-can-eat BBQ place. It might have been a Korean BBQ place, I'm not sure, but it was definitely styled similar in its execution.


As usual, I made sure I had my fill of meat before leaving.

Afterwards, we split up, went back home, had a few more drinks, and called it a night.


It was a great way to end my last night in Taipei.

As an aside, I would say much of what made my last few days in Taiwan so wonderful was because of Sylvia. Of course the presence of my other friends, both new and old, helped made it great as well, but having someone put it all together while I just piggybacked was really convenient and relaxing. I truly hope that someday, I will get the chance to return the favor to my 2218 sister.
SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig