Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Cebu, Philippines part 1


The flight to Cebu was delayed. I spent almost the entire day waiting in the airport.

The hostel I chose to stay at was called Le Village Guesthouse. Of all the room options, room 2, the 8 person shared room, turned out to be the best. It was one of the few rooms with AC making it incredibly relaxing to sleep there. The other rooms only had fans and it really didn't help with the humidity and heat  all that much.





The people working there were quite nice. Most of them gay.  Flamboyantly so. One was a cross dresser. The staff all really enjoyed singing karaoke while working. They really set the fun mood that permeated the place.




I made some small talk with the other travelers but I ended spending most my time with this traveler named Gigi.



Gigi is an interesting girl. Although she seems quite upbeat, I sense a sadness within her that we avoided talking about. I think she's  doesn't have a home. Something happened to her and now it's been ten years since she's returned. In the interim, she's just been bouncing from country to country with all her belongings staying here and there for long durations of time. I wonder if she ever gets tired of not being able to stay in one place for long time. Probably a dumb question.

Later that night, two guys tried to rob me with knives. One went for Gigi while the other went for me. I tried to fight the one on me and amidst the process, fractured my finger. I distinctly remember a moment where I tried to throw a punch at the guys face and stopped as he raised his knife defensively to stab me. Ours eyes locked and I could see this wild intensity in him. Had it not been for the bystanders rushing over from all the noise, who knows how the night might have ended.




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Outdoor Adventures and Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig