Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally about his thoughts on life.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Makati, Philippines


In the morning I took the beginner scuba diving class with Sue.

Our instructors prepped us on diving fundamentals and safety before suiting us up and getting us into the water. Because it was a beginner class, they merely had us work on our breathing and underwater communication skills. Our legs and arms stayed prone while they controlled our depth and direction. It was pretty fun but I'm not sure if scuba diving is something I really enjoy. I don't hate it, but I don't know if I'll be interested in doing it again. The view underwater was pretty though.

Around 11am in the afternoon, I called for a bike and headed back towards Manila.

Rather than stay in Manila again however, I stayed in Makati instead, which is just a neighboring city. Makati definitely carries a different feel from metro Manila. Makati is cleaner, more upscale.




Beyond the nightlife however, I found the city quite boring.

That night, I Couchsurfed at Hannah's place. Hannah is a woman in her mid-thirties who has hosted a handful of surfers already. Quite knowledgeable about Makati and what there is to do in the city, Hannah is a great resource for ideas. I asked what she did for a living but she was a bit mysterious about it, self proclaiming to be an entrepreneur of sorts. I didn't inquire any further. Her place was nice.




We later met up with another traveler, Doris, and went out for dinner and drinks. Doris was a reporter who wrote for whoever paid. I didn't agree with a lot of the things she said but overall she was cool to hang out with.



The following morning I left for Cebu.
SHARE:
© Willy's Outdoor Adventures

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig