Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally about his thoughts on life.

Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Singapore part 2


In the morning I went to Chinatown with a Chinese traveler named Tenzin that I met in my room before falling asleep the night before.

I kept trying to sleep and he kept talking to me because I think he was desperate for some company on his travels. With very limited English, his only source of companionship tended to be others who spoke Chinese. However, thanks to him, I was able to experience my first food court in Singapore and had a blast eating whatever caught my eye.







After lunch, we went to the Botanical Gardens, something I had written down that I wanted to see. Less a garden but more a park, The Botanic Gardens is this huge piece of land with various gardens, hiking trails, orchards, and places to have lunch. The size alone allows anyone to spend an entire day here.

To get to the Botanic Gardens is quite simple. It has its own MRT stop. Just enter any station and look for it on a MRT map.







We walked halfway into the park before we got tired and made our way back to the hostel.

In the afternoon, I met up with Ming whom I met years ago in Japan. Born in Singapore, he now resides in Australia studying for school and is back in the country because of break.

Together, me and Ming burned some time at the food courts until Hakim eventually joined us. Hakim was another Singaporean that I met in Japan during my stay in Nagano. In fact, Hakim and Ming were part of the same group of friends traveling.

For the rest of the day, Hakim and Ming took me all around town, and although I was able to cross off many things that I wanted to see, I mostly enjoyed their company.








SHARE:
© Willy's Outdoor Adventures

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig