Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally about his thoughts on life.

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Jakarta, Indonesia


Left the hotel at 10am and got on a flight to Jakarta.

To get from the airport to the city center you have a few options, the two basic ones being: taxi or bus. If you choose taxi you can expect to pay anywhere from 100,000-150,000 rupees which is just about 10 bucks.  I would suggest blue bird for their reputation on being on the level. If you choose bus, it will only cost around 30,000-50,000 depending on your destination.

If you're not in any rush, I would suggest the bus. Cheaper and comfortable. Simple find the bus booth, buy a ticket, and wait for your bus. The destinations are labeled clearly in front. All terminals should have a bus stop.

Got to hostel at around 3pm. Surprised to find that it was a capsule bed, similar to the one I stayed at in Japan. The name of my hostel is called The Packers Lodge. Packers being short for backpackers I suppose. The quality of the hostel is good. Just kind of quiet. Real artsy.





Wasn't too much to see around the hostel. We were located near a lot of shopping malls and streets but I had no interest in shopping. I did visit the food court however to get lunch.



Tried to watch Dallas Buyers Club later on that night on the hostel tv but the DVD kept skipping.

I also found out that I was staying in Bangkok longer than I expected. I planned on only staying a day before flying back home but I actually booked the flights in such a way that I'm there for three days. I am unsure how I feel about it because there wasn't much to see in the city.
SHARE:
© Willy's Outdoor Adventures

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig