Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Pitfalls of Traveling

In one of my interviews for graduate school, the interviewer asked me about all the gaps in my work history. In which I replied, I went traveling, I took time off after graduating to travel. I took time off between moving states to travel, and I combined company vacation at the end of one year to travel again.

She gave me this incredulous look. Not a look of awe but rather, a look of disbelief. To which she then asked a series of biting questions on whether or not I was serious about life or my career.

This adversity is something travelers will always tackle when they return to society; explaining to someone how they could sacrifice bits of their career or personal lives for a chance to explore.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to preference. For some people, they adhere strictly to the traditional checkpoints in life. For others, they are willing to step aside and take in the scenery. It's all subjective what you're willing to sacrifice and there really isn't a right answer for everyone.
SHARE:
© Outdoor Adventures and Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig