Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Weekend Climb, Yosemite, California, United States

This past weekend, I headed east to Yosemite for some camping and climbing. In total we had 10 people split between two sites. We left Friday around 6pm from San Francisco and it took around 6 hours to get to the campsite.










On Saturday, we woke up around 7am and quickly left for Swan Slab for some trad and sport climbing. To get to Swan Slab which is mostly 5.6-5.10 climbs, park near near camp 4 and follow the edge of the mountain until you find yourself in front of the Yosemite Lodge Cafeteria across the street.

I've never sport climbed or trad climbed, I mostly boulder, so it was neat that during this trip I was able to experience both for the first time. I would say my bread and butter is bouldering. I've done top-roping a few times and mock lead a few times as well, but 80% of my climbing experience is in bouldering.







We started at around 8:30am and before we knew it, it was 6:30pm. We ended up climbing the entire day at Swan Slab.

Tired and exhausted, we then headed back to the campsite, made dinner, had a brief celebration for Diane in lieu of her getting into grad school, and went to sleep.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Outdoor Adventures and Life

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig