Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally his thoughts on life.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Hotsprings in Bishop, California, United States

After half a day of climbing, you are filthy, covered in sand, rock scum, and chalk. To clean off, you have a few options. One: take a shower in the hotel/motel that you rented in town. Two: Take a shower in any of the free outdoor natural hot springs. Three: Go to Keough's Hot Spring.

My personal favorite is option number three.

Thanks to my trip to Bishop a year ago, and my friend Rich for introducing it to me, after a day of climbing I like to finish with a trip to the local developed hot spring facility Keough's Hot Spring. Located just south of Bishop proper on highway 395, the spring is easy to locate, both on maps and visually (large sign).


When we went, the cost of entry was 12 dollars.

I can think of no better way to end the day than to relax in a pool and hot spring. Just stretching your sore muscles in the hot spring is reason enough to visit this place.


Take it from me, the place may not look like much, but it feels wonderful.

Site: http://www.keoughshotsprings.com/

SHARE:
Blog Layout Designed by pipdig