Just a Taiwanese-American blogging about his travels outdoors and occasionally about his thoughts on life.

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Returning to Vancouver, BC Canda and on to the US (Pacific Coast Highway Roadtrip)

The following morning, with the rainy weather persisting, I decided to forgo traveling further north. The weather simply took too much from the experience. Additionally, that week Whistler was hosting a rap concert so cars were already clogging the only highway into town. See: http://www.whistler.com/events/pemberton-music-festival/

So we returned south to the city.

On the drive down, I stopped by this park that caught my eye. Porteau Cove.

Address: Porteau Cove. Squamish-Lillooet D, BC, Canada
Location:



The cove is a nice quick stop because it allows you a great view of the lake and is right off the highway so it doesn't demand too much of your time. When we went, the weather was finally showing signs of sun after days of raining here and there.




When I eventually returned to the city, I made a stop at the Canadian border control office.  A few days prior, I had managed to book an appointment for my global entry visa. The interview was fast and painless. The guard asked only a few questions, perhaps 3-4 and then took my picture.

When I was done, we proceeded south back towards the States.

Back in the US, it was nice to have service and data on the phones again.

More importantly, the signs were in miles rather than kilometers!


SHARE:
© Willy's Outdoor Adventures

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig